Monday, June 27, 2011

Inaugural post for "Healthy Agian" Series

Back at you with an inaugural post!

Stress- such as what happens when you lose a job, drop out of college or BOTH- can have a toll on your waist line. I have managed to gain another person with my eating over the years!

Well, no more.

I decided to start up an exercise program and a series of posts about it.

No one wants to admit they have a weight problem. But, with graduation and the hunt for stable employment, I gotta lose it. I will need EVERY ounce of confidence that comes from at least FITTING into my old interview suits. I'm too broke to buy new ones!

When I was in High School, the competition from good looking, academically accomplished, well rounded class mates was enough to have me wondering "why not me"? In about two years I made dean's list and I lost 50 lbs. Then I got accepted into my dream college. Life was SWEET!!

About to leave with a Bachelor's Degree, I've started a weight loss program and am putting together a list of places I would be willing to work. The next year is going to see ALOT of work and patience I don't have..I'm back to lifting weights, and the concept of "Muscle Memory" is doing its stuff!

What about you, how has health impacted your life? What are you doing to battle the bulge?


Thanks for being patient,
Meranda

1 comment:

Cara said...

This is perfect timing! About two weeks ago i started an intensive exercise program in order to lose at least 30 lbs. I haven't felt like this in a long time; i'm in full combative mode. It's awesome! I'm generally patient but i like instant results! lol I know i'll get there though and realize that as good as instant results sound, i know they wouldn't be that meaningful. Good luck to you and i just want to say i enjoy your posts. The ebook you linked to on when learning goes wrong, really helped me! I just wanted to tell you b/c i believe ppl should hear when they do something good for others. So thank you very much!