Monday, August 16, 2010

IPOAE- Imagination

I like using my challenges to keep me focused, but sometimes I like to day dream and keep my life and future. Here is a glimpse:

I imagine I am a Pharmacy student. I study diligently. I do not worry about the cost of school because I have secured a scholarship, generous grants and am eligible for a small part-time student job. On good terms with my professors, I do specific research under one of them.

My slim, well dressed frame and long black hair shimmer in the sunlight of the Library, where I am seen studying for class and using resources for my pharmacy research grant. Occasionally I can be seen walking on the beautiful Woof University main campus or in the student union, but If I am not in the library then I am in the lab.

I stay in shape by dancing, exercising in my single-bed dorm room, or I take the time to swim in the gym. I have mastered the art of the "student meal plan diet" and have managed to keep weight off despite high stress levels. I have made new friends and spend what time I can with them. I have accomplished a goal of learning how to drive the buses at Woof University, something I have wanted to do on this huge campus since I was a freshman many years ago.

As a member of Rho Chi and SNPha, I excell as a student. I have secured a summer internship at a company I would like to work for, knowing darn well my future job depends on the " Who, what, when, where, why and How" of my internships.

Every day I eat right, study and go to class without fail. My grades show my effort and I keep my anxiety in check. I am an unbelievable success story. Having failed college, I am now a member of the Woof University class of 2020, perusing the joint Pharm.D /MBA program. It wasn't easy, I had to learn the hard way how to be a responsible student. If you aren't among the best, you are wasting your time and money in school.

I feel happy with myself. In my late 20's, I finally have my shit together. I have the college experience I always desired ( scholarships, distinctions and opportunities) and a bright future ahead with as a Doctor of Pharmacy and Master of Business Administration . I want to work in industry, a hospital or academia but who know what will happen!?

No comments: